Sunday, June 24, 2012

Necessity is the mother of invention

After once again searching the internet for one piece body suits for Jagger I may decide to start my own clothing line. Heck, if it doesn't exist,make it! Right!?. Short and long sleeve onesies in larger sizes such as 3t, 4t, 5t etc. are hard to come by. There are a few but they are expensive and only white. I guess I could color them but I am afraid of harmful chemicals etc.
So far we have been pretty good in either modifying existing products to meet our needs or found solutions/products by other parents who have kids with special needs (such as tummy tunnels and Gtube pads from mybuttonbuddies). If these products did not exist already I would have made them myself. The Gtube pads are awesome. Had no granulation since using them and everybody at the hospital is always fascinated by them. We had tried the tape and gauze thing in the beginning to absorb any leakage but that was not practical or useful.
I will create another page on this blog and post a list of useful products that we use.
I already have a name and design ideas for my label. Just need to find a manufacturer who is able to make larger onesies/ one piece body suits. I rather use a company here in the US that already produces wholesale clothing for resale. Plain with no images in preferably organic cotton and multiple colors.
If I want to do this I better work quickly. Jaggy is getting so big and although he could wear regular Tshirt they are not practical or safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment