Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thank you Peyton


I meant to post this a while back, but things have been very busy and crazy here lately. Although we have become much more efficient (time is a luxury we don't really have), there really never seems to be an end in sight. Paperwork here and there, dealing with insurance and pharmacy, maintaining the house etc.. it just never ends. 
Anyhow, the influence of the Colts and Peyton Manning is of course all over our house and in Jagger’s Middle name and two very “cool” things happened in the last few months.
So our good friends Tara and Aaron somehow contacted the Peyton Manning foundation and told them about Jagger’s situation (I presume) and it was a very nice surprise to receive an autographed picture of Peyton in the mail. And not one with a stamp signature but a real signatureJ So thank you Tara and Aaron!
Just a few days later, I went to get the mail and we received a handwritten envelope with no return address, which I thought was very strange for sure. So I went back to my office and opened it, Annett was there with Jagger and I just became speechless so Annett was wondering what was going on, and I was just so shock I could not even tell her. It was a handwritten letter from Peyton Manning telling us that he knows about Jagger’s situation and he wanted to send us a note of strength and encouragement and to let us know that he is a big fan of Jagger’s J.
It turned out that my “brother in law” knows Peyton Manning from his work and he shared with him a few entries from this blog (particularly the Peyton Manning tribute entry). So thank you Libby and Tony for sharing our blog!
It still amazed me that with all that was going on in his life, moving his family across the country, new team, rehab, etc., Peyton Manning took the time to write us a note for Jagger. It just shows what a classy and great person he really is!


So if you do read this, and even if you don’t, Thank you Peyton! I hope that one day Jagger can read that letter on his own and even if he can’t I read it to him several times alreadyJ.

3 comments: