Thursday, August 16, 2012

Here we go again!



Just a quick update!
While I was in Cali for work, Jagger started to spike another fever and get very agitated. His heart rate was also elevated so Annett took him to the ER for our second visit there in less than a week:(
Well this time he got admitted. Of course all that has to happen when I was in a plane trying to get home!!
We are in the TICU, the step down ICU. Since he is not on oxygen this time, we not in regular PICU, but with his complex condition and all the meds, they can't take care of Jagger on the regular floor so we are in the TICU!
He has aspiration pneumonia and he is on strong antibiotics, however the Doc is keeping a close eye on him to make sure he doesn't have a blood (line) infection in his port! That would be very bad!
But he is already starting to look a little better so hopefully it is only pneumonia!
On another note, the doctor and the pharmacy were shock at the high dose of Valium he is taking!
The doc said he never saw such a high dose on a kid that small and that the same dose on Annett or I would cause us to be totally incapacitated and not able to react to anything!
And to think that it barely doses anything to poor little Jaggy!
If all goes well, we hope to be home Friday or Saturday but with Jagger you truly never know!

1 comment:

  1. I have to add some background regarding the TICU.
    When the attending ER doc said she wanted to admit him to the general peds service meaning regular floor, I had a minor anxiety/panic attack. I told her that I want to be admitted to the Icu. General floor is not going to happen. His care is too complex and they almost killed him on the floor. When I tell the nurses I need Valium or morphine there is some urgency to that request and I need it in 5 to 10 minutes max. Not 5 hours later. Anyway so we compromised on the TICU.

    ReplyDelete