Thursday, January 31, 2013

Foodie

I must admit I am a Foodie.
I just love food, I love to cook it and to eat it.
But with Jagger there is no much time to cook anymore, or to go out to eat.
I used to travel a lot for work, and I was very often gone the entire week, leaving Monday morning and coming back Friday afternoon, so we had a habit to go out to eat every Fridays evening after I return and we were able to catch up on each other week's event. And usually we ended up at our favorite Sushi place!!
But those days are over and I can't even remember last time we had a meal just the two of us, probably close to 1 year.
So to make up for it, I try to get some "fancy" food delivered once in a while and since we were having company for Christmas and New Year, I figure it would be a great time to order some food.
So I got a full 16lbs boneless leg of Prosciutto di Parma, Red Label, my favorite ham. If you never try it, you are totally missing out.
I also got some great Prime Ribs and we enjoyed them with Annett's parents and with my parents.
And last but not least, I was able to find a company in Hawaii that deliver fresh caught Ahi Tuna.
One of the many things I miss about Hawaii is the amazing seafood, and this place does it right. It is shipped between 5-6 hours after it is caught and you get it the next day. Not cheap, but they had a great special for the Holidays, so I ordered twice and we totally enjoyed some seared Ahi Tuna and some Poke.
Annett got me a Poke recipe book for Christmas so I had to try a few of them, but it is hard to find Tuna in Atlanta that is fresh enough for Poke and you cannot make it with any fish that was previously frozen!
But now that everyone is gone and that we been so busy, mostly being in and out of the hospital, I am finding myself eating frozen dinners! LOL, so I need to work on my next food buy!! not sure what it will be yet!! :)
So enjoy the pictures below and Bon Appetit!!

Must Try Ham!!
 Prime Rib "Before"
Prime Rib "After"
 Fresh Ahi Tuna from Hawaii
 Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks
3 kind of Ahi Poke and a Kona Brew to wash it down

No comments:

Post a Comment